TRIP IDEAS FOR "Explorer"
If you are an explorer and it’s your first time to Sri Lanka, you’ll probably want to experience a bit of everything. We recommend focusing on the must-sees like Sigiriya Rock, Polonnaruwa ancient city, the elephants on Minneriya National Park, visit to the Temple of the Tooth in Kandy, scenic train journey to the hills and the Old Dutch fort in Galle with plenty of time at leisure in between! You’ll probably need a week to make sure you see all the must-sees, and make sure all your transfers are relatively short and choose less expansive accommodation, giving you a well balance schedule to spend time in your hotel and out seeing the sights at an affordable price.
When creating your itinerary make sure you have covered the areas outlined below…
- Heritage, history expanding over 3000 years
- Scenic, Sri Lanka is a lost paradise when it comes to Scenery
- Thrills, range of adventures from the top of the mountains to the depths of the oceans
- Wild, Sri Lanka among the top 5 biodiversity hotspots in the world
- Pristine, an ideal destination for beach bums